Bring them Home to Care Program
The Bring them Home to Care program is a financial reward for current employees and members of the general public (hereafter called ‘referees’) who assist in the recruitment of nurses and health care professionals for selected positions based on continuing vacancies.
If you help us find a Where a referee aids us in contacting prospective employees thatwho are is interviewed, accept hired and remain within the Nova Scotia Health Authority in Cape Breton, a financial reward is paid.
- If the prospective employee is interviewed, you will receive $100.
- If the prospective employee is hired, you will be paid $500 on the start date.
- If the prospective employee remains employed for a six month period, you will receive an additional $500.
The total amount available for you to receive based on your referral is $1,100.
- Ultrasound Technologists
- Medical Laboratory Technologists
- Registered Nurses (RN)
This program is aimed at recruitment for only the specific positions listed above at this time. Recruitment planning continues and other units/sites/position may be identified in the future.
This program is currently only available in Cape Breton.
If you have questions, or wish to identify a prospective employee, contact Michelle MacNeil, Recruitment & Retention Coordinator at (902) 567-6112, or by email at MichelleL.MacNeil@nshealth.ca
How to apply
If you would like to refer a prospective employee, contact Michelle MacNeil, Recruitment & Retention Coordinator at 902-567-6112, or by email at MichelleL.MacNeil@nshealth.ca
- Open to all current employees (regular and casual) of the Nova Scotia Health Authority in Cape Breton and members of the general public (‘referees’)
- Prospective employees cannot be currently working for the NSHA
- Referees must provide the name(s) of prospective employees to Michelle MacNeil in Human Resources in advance of the employee initiating the application process
- Prospective employees must be eligible to practice in the positions listed above in order to be considered for an interview
- Eligible positions are those listed above and only in areas for current job postings on the website
- Only those prospective employees who meet current job posting requirements for the position they were referred will be contacted for interviews, thus making the referee eligible for the incentive
- Referees who provide a referral for a prospective employee resulting in an interview will be paid $100 after the interview takes place. The same referee will be paid $500 if the prospective employee commences begins a permanent position in the eligible unit, and subsequently will be paid another $500 when the prospective employee has remained employed in the position in the employ of the NSHA in Cape Breton for a six (6) month period.