The purpose of this site is to provide physicians, employees, volunteers, learners, families and communities with information on the search process.
Search Process Overview
- Consultation: The search firm will consult with key stakeholders to develop a thorough understanding of the skills and experiences required of the next President and CEO, as well as the opportunities and challenges they will face. As well, a confidential survey will be shared with physicians and employees to gather their feedback.
- Candidate Identification and Engagement: The search firm, with guidance from the search committee, will follow a comprehensive search strategy and approach potentially relevant candidates. This includes following up on recommendations made by the Nova Scotia Health Authority community. Conversations will be marked by a comprehensive, candid and compelling presentation of the Nova Scotia Health Authority.
- Search Firm Interviews: Candidates will meet with the lead search consultants who will assess their achievements and experience against the position description and better understand their innate capabilities, motivations, values and potential for success.
- Longlist Review Meeting: The search consultants will present their assessments of the candidates detailing the nature of each individual’s career with an in-depth assessment against the brief as to their particular strengths, capabilities, weaknesses and character traits. The search committee will decide who to take forward for formal interviews.
- Search Committee Interviews: The search committee will interview short listed candidates in a stretching, but candidate-friendly, process ensuring that they are fair, robust and competitive. The search firm will conduct extensive reference and background checks during this process.
- Recommendation to the Board, Negotiation and Appointment: The search committee will make their recommendation to the Board on the most qualified candidate. Subject to approval, the Chair and search firm will negotiate the contract with the preferred candidate.
Tentative Timetable (subject to change)
Early April 2019:
- Launch meeting with Search Committee and Search Firm
April & May:
May & June:
- Candidate Outreach and Search Firm Interviews
- Search Committee Interviews
- Search Committee Interviews
Executive Search Firm
Odgers Berndtson is a leading global executive search and leadership advisory firm with more than 200 partners in 28 countries. Our Canadian Health Care Practice has helped appoint over 150 executives within the sector over the past 5 years, supporting key hospitals, agencies, academic health science centers, LHINs, regulatory bodies and member associations identify and retain exceptional leadership talent. We provide our clients with a broad range of integrated talent solutions – including executive search, executive interim and leadership assessment services – to help them grow and compete in today's challenging environment. We also invest in the development of Canada's up and coming leaders with unique programs such as CEOx1Day and the CFO Leadership Program. More than 50% of our clients have also been our candidates – a testament to the relationships that we build across the talent spectrum.