Your Way To Wellness
Your Way to Wellness is a free chronic disease self management program that helps people with chronic conditions (and their caregivers) overcome daily challenges, take action and live a healthy life.
Groups meet weekly for two and half hours for six weeks and are led by trained volunteers, most of whom have chronic conditions themselves. Family and friends are welcome to attend as well.
Participants learn how to:
- Set goals and problem solve
- Improve communication with health care providers, family and friends
- Eat healthier and become more active
- Manage symptoms
- Make daily tasks easier
- Improve self-confidence
- Manage fear, anger and frustration
- Check here to see upcoming YWTW events
- Sign up here to be notiifed by email when new sessions become available
Locations and contact information
Telephone number: 1-888-672-3444
Hours (if applicable): morning, day, evening and weekend programs available
How do I access the programs?
Volunteer with us
- Do you have a chronic condition or support someone who does?
- Are you interested in volunteering in your community?
- Do you want to learn how to self-manage your chronic condition and empower others to do the same?
Did you answer yes to these three questions? If so, apply to volunteer with Your Way to Wellness.
What is Your Way To Wellness?
Your Way to Wellness is a free chronic disease self management program that helps people with chronic conditions (and their caregivers) overcome daily challenges, take action, and live a healthy life. Groups meet weekly (two and a half hours) for six weeks and are led by trained volunteers.
Learn more about the Your Way To Wellness program.
Your Way to Wellness volunteers should:
- Be comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- Have good literacy skills and be able to follow a scripted format.
- Commit to a four day training session (at no cost to you).
- Co-lead a six-week session within the first 12 months after training.
- Have a willingness to learn. No clinical/medical background is required.
Leaders are needed in the following communities and surrounding areas:
Middle Musquodoboit, Musquodoboit Harbour and Sheet Harbour
Lower Sackville, Mount Uniacke and Windsor
North Preston, East Preston, Cherry Brook and Lake Loon
St. Margaret’s Bay / Tantallon
What's in it for me?
As a Your Way to Wellness volunteer you will:
- Gain valuable skills in learning, teaching, group facilitation and public speaking.
- Receive a small honorarium for facilitating each program.
- Gain experience to build your resume.
- Help empower people in your community to improve or maintain their health.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-473-7709
Forms and Documents
- Your Way to Wellness - First Voice (Video - 11:41)
- Your Way to Wellness - A Message to Healthcare Providers (Video 6:00)