Public Health Mobile Unit adds drop-in COVID-19 testing in New Minas this weekend
The Public Health Mobile Unit has added a stop in New Minas this weekend to offer drop-in testing for COVID-19. Testing is free and available to all ages.
In an effort to keep COVID-19 under control in Nova Scotia, Public Health Mobile Units provide easier access to testing.
- Louis Millett Community Complex (9489 Commercial Street, New Minas)
Sunday, September 12 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To see all the upcoming Public Health Mobile Unit locations visit: https://www.nshealth.ca/visit-covid-19-testing-site
While there are no COVID-19 vaccines available at these testing clinics, Public Health team members are available to support you with booking your next vaccine appointment and can answer any questions you may have.
Important notes when visiting the mobile unit:
- Unless you have symptoms you do not need to self-isolate while you wait for your results, unless directly advised by Public Health to isolate.
- The testing method is standard PCR swab or Swish and Gargle for children and youth. Preparation is required for gargle testing. View instructions.
- Please bring your health card with you, if you have one.
- When testing is offered outside, please dress accordingly.
Nova Scotians now have the option to access their results online at c19results.nshealth.ca. To be eligible to view results online, by email or by auto call, you need to bring a provincial health card or student ID with you to your testing appointment. It can take up to 72 hours to receive or access test results. It is not unusual for two or more family members to be tested at the same time and receive results at different times.
In addition to media releases, all potential exposure notifications are listed here: http://www.nshealth.ca/covid-exposures