The vaccine is now available from most pharmacists, family doctors, family practice nurses and nurse practitioners.
· Many workplaces also offer flu vaccination clinics for employees.
· Some walk-in clinics may also offer flu vaccination; it’s best to check with a clinic in advance.
· Pharmacists can provide flu vaccination to children five years of age and older.
· If you have a child under five years of age who does not have a health care provider, please contact your local Public Health office to arrange their flu shot.
Nova Scotia Health Authority wishes to advise the public that the Collaborative Emergency Centre (CEC) at Annapolis Community Health Centre will be closed on:
• Tuesday, October 30 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Thursday, November 1 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) wishes to advise the public that the emergency department at Roseway Hospital will be closed from 6 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 27 until 8 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 28 due to lack of physician availability.
Nova Scotia Health Authority wishes to advise the public that the emergency department at Fishermen’s Memorial Hospital will be closed from 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 28 until 7:30 a.m. on Monday, Oct. 29 due to a lack of physician availability.
Nova Scotia Health Authority, the Valley Hospice Foundation and the Department of Health and Wellness are thrilled to be starting construction on the long-awaited new hospice facility for the Annapolis Valley community.
The Cape Breton Cancer Centre is encouraging residents of the Cape Breton Regional Municipality to take a step toward better health with Walk with a Doc, a health program that brings doctors and patients together to walk.