Visitor restrictions in place on acute care unit at Glace Bay Hospital
Visitor restrictions are in place on 3South, an acute care unit at Glace Bay Hospital. The restrictions are in place to help limit the spread of flu-like illness among patients on the unit.
Preventing the spread of illness is everyone’s responsibility. People are asked to follow visitor restrictions if they visit the unit. These restrictions include:
• Only two visitors at a time; either immediate family or next of kin
• People who are sick or live with others who are sick should not visit
• No children under the age of 12 can visit
• Visitors must wash their hands before and after they visit
• Visitors must only visit one patient/resident and not visit from room-to-room
• Visitors must follow any infection prevention and control measures in place. These could include wearing gowns, gloves and masks and washing their hands before and after their visit.
Additional cleaning is also being done on the unit. Infection Prevention and Control is monitoring the situation.
Nova Scotia Health Authority appreciates the public’s cooperation while the visitor restrictions are in place.
Communications & Public Relations
Toll Free: 1-844-483-3344