Visitor Restrictions in Place on Medical Unit at New Waterford Consolidated Hospital
Visitor restrictions are in place on the 2nd floor medical inpatient unit at New Waterford Consolidated Hospital.
The restrictions are needed to help limit the spread of flu and flu like illness among patients on the 21 bed unit.
Preventing the spread of illness is everyone’s responsibility. People are asked to follow precautions if they visit the unit. These include:
• Only two visitors at a time; either immediate family or next of kin
• People who are sick, or live with others who are sick should not visit
• No children under the age of 12 can visit
• Visitors must wash their hands before and after they visit
• Visitors must only visit one patient and not visit from room-to-room
• Visitors must follow any infection prevention and control measures in place. These could include wearing gowns, gloves and masks and washing their hands before and after their visit.
Infection Prevention and Control is monitoring the situation with hospital staff.
Nova Scotia Health Authority appreciates the public’s cooperation while the visitor restrictions are in place.
Communications & Public Relations