The Community Health Teams offer FREE wellness programs and wellness navigation services in your community. The range of programs and services offered by each Community Health Team are shaped by what we have heard citizens need to best support their health.
Your Community Health Team:
- Offers FREE group wellness programs at different times and community locations to make it easier for you to access sessions close to home. Sessions are related to:
- Managing risk factors
- Food, nutrition and weight management
- Physical activity
- Emotional wellness
- Offers FREE wellness navigation to help you prioritize health goals and connect to resources that you need.
- Works closely together with community organizations toward building a stronger and healthier community.
View the Physical Activity Screen (.pdf)
View the March 2020-August 2020 Community Health Team Program Guide (.pdf)
Location, hours and contact information
Chebucto Community Health Team
16 Dentith Road Halifax, NS B3R 2H9
How do I register for Community Health Team services?
- Register any of 3 ways:
- Phone us at (902)-460-4560
- Register Online here.
- Drop in to any of the Community Health Team locations
How do I know which Community Health Team is offering services in MY community?
The Community Health Teams offer wellness programs and wellness navigation in many different communities close to where you live, work and play. See a list of communities below to determine your local Community Health Team:
Bedford / Sackville Community Health Team
- Beaver Bank
- Fall River
- Hammonds Plains
- Mount Uniacke
Chebucto Community Health Team (Halifax Mainland)
- Clayton Park
- Hatchet Lake
- Herring Cove
- Purcell’s Cove
- Sambro Loop
- St. Margaret’s Bay
Dartmouth Community Health Team
- Cole Harbour
- Eastern Passage
- East Preston
- North Preston
Halifax Peninsula Community Health Team
- Downtown Halifax
- North End Halifax
- South End Halifax
- West End Halifax
Documents and Forms
- Online Registration Forms
- March-August 2020 Community Health Team program guide (.pdf download)
- Physical Activity Screen (.pdf download)