TEAM is a fun, active program where kids and their families learn about and experience healthier options for eating and being active. There are education sessions as well as opportunity for group activities and one on one follow up. The program consists of the following components:
A fun family program (it’s free)
- Helps families make healthy choices each day
- Cooking and healthy eating
- Family activity nights
- Nutrition sessions
Two assessments will be completed prior to starting the program. A Pediatrician will complete a pediatric assessment. A Dietician will complete a food intake questionnaire with the family, a nutrition assessment of children, a family eating habit inventory, and family exercise levels and sedentary activities.
T.E.A.M. can help your family if your child aged 5 – 12 years:
- Eats less than 5 servings of vegetables and fruit per day (a serving = ½ cup)
- Screen time (television, computer, video games) is more than 2 hours per day
- Physical activity is less than 1 hour per day
Locations and contact information
Programs days and times vary but are offered in both Antigonish and Canso.
How do I get an appointment?
Contact the T.E.A.M. Program:
Phone: (902) 366-2794
Phone: (902) 863-7193
For Healthcare Professionals
Please visit the Cardiovascular Health Nova Scotia corporate page.