Your Day Surgery
What to bring
When preparing to stay with us there are important items that you must bring with you. These include:
- Provincial health card - If your health card is about to or has already expired and you have not received a new one in the mail, call 1-800-563-8880
- Any private health care insurance information - (Blue Cross, Maritime Medical, etc.)
- Medication – All of the medications you are currently taking in their original, labeled bottles, including any vitamins and supplements you take. Also bring a list with names of the drugs, dosages, and any special requirements
- A list of any known allergies and sensitivities
- Things to help you get around the hospital (glasses, hearing aids, walkers, etc.)
You may also wish to bring reading material or pocket money for snacks, newspapers, etc.
Please note: We are not responsible for any lost or missing items.
Your appointment notice will show where you should register. Please arrive early to make sure you have time to register.
Patients who need certain types of procedures will be asked to sign a consent form before the procedure. Please read this form carefully. Ask your health care provider if you feel you do not fully understand the procedure or associated risks.
You will also be asked to sign a consent form before release of any specific information related to your condition or your image (photo or video) for legal, promotional, or educational purposes.
There is a discharge time for most patients. We ask that you note this time carefully. Before leaving the hospital, please visit the business office to check for any outstanding fees or payments that need to be made.