Integrated Chronic Care Service (ICCS)
The Integrated Chronic Care Service (formerly known as the Nova Scotia Environmental Health Centre) provides comprehensive assessments and care planning for individuals with complex chronic conditions such as:
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)
- Environmental illnesses including Multiple Chemical Sensitivity
The Integrated Chronic Care Service (ICCS) is an interdisciplinary team that provides short term support for individuals diagnosed or presenting with symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Fibromyalgia, and/or Multiple Chemical Sensitivity/Environmental Illnesses. Our team provides comprehensive assessment, recommendations and short-term interventions focused on self-management. We offer medical, psychotherapy, dietary, occupational therapy and physiotherapy services. It is expected that a primary care practitioner will support these recommendations. We do not provide primary care or chronic pain management services.
Location, hours and contact information
Fall River, Nova Scotia, B2T 1J5 Canada
How do I get an appointment?
The Integrated Chronic Care Service accepts referrals from primary care providers (physicians and nurse practitioners) working in Nova Scotia. Due to the service demand, we only accept referrals from within Nova Scotia.
How do I prepare for my appointment?
Please review the following before your appointment:
- Body Mind Awareness Program Meditations audio playlist (external site)
- Integrated Chronic Care Service (ICCS) Scent-free Information for Patients and Families (.pdf)
- Approved Scent-free Personal Care Products: Integrated Chronic Care Service (ICCS)