Your Way To Wellness
Your Way to Wellness is a free chronic disease self management program that helps people with chronic conditions (and their caregivers) overcome daily challenges, take action and live a healthy life.
Groups meet weekly for two and half hours for six weeks and are led by trained volunteers, most of whom have chronic conditions themselves. Family and friends are welcome to attend as well.
Participants learn how to:
- Set goals and problem solve
- Improve communication with health care providers, family and friends
- Eat healthier and become more active
- Manage symptoms
- Make daily tasks easier
- Improve self-confidence
- Manage fear, anger and frustration
We are starting to offer online Your Way to Wellness sessions. Please call 1888-672-3444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
See the full list of online wellness programs being offered by Primary Health Care teams, and information on health and wellness here.
Volunteer with us
- Do you have a chronic condition or support someone who does?
- Are you interested in volunteering in your community?
- Do you want to learn how to self-manage your chronic condition and empower others to do the same?
Did you answer yes to these three questions? If so, apply to volunteer with Your Way to Wellness.
What is Your Way To Wellness?
Your Way to Wellness is a free chronic disease self management program that helps people with chronic conditions (and their caregivers) overcome daily challenges, take action, and live a healthy life. Groups meet weekly (two and a half hours) for six weeks and are led by trained volunteers.
Learn more about the Your Way To Wellness program.
Your Way to Wellness volunteers should:
- Be comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- Have good literacy skills and be able to follow a scripted format.
- Commit to a four day training session (at no cost to you).
- Co-lead a six-week session within the first 12 months after training.
- Have a willingness to learn. No clinical/medical background is required.
Volunteers are needed across the province, specifically in the following communities and surrounding areas:
- New Waterford, North Sydney
- Middle Musquodoboit, Musquodoboit Harbour and Sheet Harbour Lower Sackville, Mount Uniacke and Windsor North Preston, East Preston, Cherry Brook and Lake Loon St. Margaret’s Bay / Tantallon Spryfield
- Municipalities of Clare and Digby.
- Towns of Yarmouth and Shelburne. Annapolis Royal and the County of Annapolis
What's in it for me?
As a Your Way to Wellness volunteer you will:
- Gain valuable skills in learning, teaching, group facilitation and public speaking.
- Receive a small honorarium for facilitating each program.
- Gain experience to build your resume.
- Help empower people in your community to improve or maintain their health.
For more information email email@example.com or call 1-888-672-3444
- Your Way to Wellness - First Voice (Video - 11:41)
- Your Way to Wellness - A Message to Healthcare Providers (Video 6:00)
Locations and contact information
Telephone number: 1-888-672-3444
Hours (if applicable): morning, day, evening and weekend programs available
How do I access the programs?
Contact us at 1-888-672-3444 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Call 1888-672-3444, or email email@example.com for more information.
Forms and Documents