NSHA Central Zone Diagnostic Imaging Exam Preparation - IMRT of the Prostate
Exam Type: IMRT of the Prostate
Please follow the following preparation:
You will be asked to drink water before your exam.
Safety is of utmost importance to us. If you need help standing or walking, please have someone come with you to your Diagnostic Imaging appointment.
Claustrophobia: MRI exams can cause people to feel claustrophobic due to the design of the machine. The technologists will work with you to provide comfort for the exam. If you are claustrophobic, please have your physician prescribe an anti-anxiety medication to take the day of the study. For your safety you will be required to have a designated driver to drive you home once the study is complete.
Please do not wear scented personal products. Nova Scotia Health Authority is committed to creating a healthy and safe environment for patients, employees and visitors who are sensitive to chemicals in scented products.
Please report to registration 30 minutes prior to your appointment time. For registration location see below:
- Victoria General Site: Diagnostic Imaging registration desk, 3rd floor Dickson Building
- Halifax Infirmary Site: Diagnostic Imaging Registration desk, 3rd floor Halifax Infirmary Building
- Dartmouth General Site: Diagnostic Imaging, Main floor
- Cobequid Community Health Centre: Central Registration, Main floor
- Hants Community Hospital: Central Registration, Main floor
*Please bring your health care card.
If you have any questions, require scheduling changes, or wish to cancel your appointment, please notify the appropriate Scheduling Department:
Victoria General/Halifax Infirmary Sites: 902-473-3618