Dartmouth General Hospital: Redevelopment service impacts (Updated July 4, 2019)
Renovations at Dartmouth General Hospital are impacting the locations of some services. Check back here for updates on the impact of the renovations.
- Starting June 14 and expected to last seven to 10 days, there will be road work outside of the Emergency Department. This work will reduce the department’s parking capacity and also cause more traffic. We apologize for the inconvenience. Remember, in the event of a life-threating emergency, please call 911.
- All internal access to internal medicine will return to normal. Patients can now reach the department from within the hospital.
- The second phase of parking improvements are now underway and will continue through early fall. This work will cause congestion and a decrease in available parking in the hospital’s main lot. Additional parking for patients will be available in an adjacent parking lot on Acadia Street.
- Patients and families are reminded to plan for extra time to park and arrive for appointments when visiting the hospital.
- We also encourage our patients and families to yield parking spaces nearest the entrance for the elderly, ill and those with restricted mobility.
- Patients travelling with a family member or friend can be dropped off and picked up at the covered main entrance.
- We apologize for the inconvenience.
• The DGH Foundation offices have moved to 277 Pleasant St., Suite 105
• The Diabetes Management Centre has moved to 277 Pleasant St., Suite 105
• The Nutrition Education Clinic has also moved to 277 Pleasant St., Suite 105
- Social Work, is now in room 1512
- Palliative Care is now in room 2200
- Chapel Place of Prayer/Meditation is now in room 2132
- Gift Shop is now in room 1005
- Patient Representative (Patient Relations) is now in room 2122
- Business Office is now in room 2123
- Dietician is now in room 1911
- Geriatric Care Office is now in room 1511
You can learn more about the QEII New Generation project here.