Dartmouth General Hospital: Redevelopment service impacts (Updated September 26, 2019)
Renovations at Dartmouth General Hospital are impacting the locations of some services. Check back here for updates on the impact of the renovations.
- Starting Aug. 6, the entrance to Dartmouth General’s parking lot will temporarily be relocated to the former exit only location on Acadia St., making this route two-ways. All changes are marked by signage. We encourage patients and visitors to travel new routes slowly and yield to on-site traffic control.
- All internal access to internal medicine will return to normal. Patients can now reach the department from within the hospital.
Parking improvements at the Dartmouth General Hospital will increase in intensity beginning September 30 and will continue into early December. This work will temporarily decrease parking in the hospital’s main lot.
An equal number of parking spaces to the main lot will be available on 10 Acadia Street, accessed through following the directional signs on the main ring road entrance. All changes are marked clearly with signage.
During this time, we ask visitors to yield parking spaces in the main lot for the elderly, ill and those with restricted mobility.
Patients and families are reminded to plan for extra time to park and arrive for appointments when visiting the hospital. Patients with a family member or friend can be dropped-off and picked up at the covered main entrance.
All parking proceeds support the DGH Foundation’s work to help fund priority medical equipment to enhance patient care.
- We apologize for the inconvenience.
• The DGH Foundation offices have moved to 277 Pleasant St., Suite 105
• The Diabetes Management Centre has moved to 277 Pleasant St., Suite 105
• The Nutrition Education Clinic has also moved to 277 Pleasant St., Suite 105
- Social Work, is now in room 1512
- Palliative Care is now in room 2200
- Chapel Place of Prayer/Meditation is now in room 2132
- Gift Shop is now in room 1005
- Patient Representative (Patient Relations) is now in room 2122
- Business Office is now in room 2123
- Dietician is now in room 1911
- Geriatric Care Office is now in room 1511
You can learn more about the QEII New Generation project here.