Mobile upper respiratory access clinics in Sydney
The mobile upper respiratory access clinic has an upcoming clinic date:
Grand Lake Road Fire Hall, 850 Grand Lake Road
Thursday, March 16 from 5 - 8 p.m.
Care will be provided by a doctor or nurse practitioner.
The clinic will address non-urgent, low-acuity respiratory issues and is not an emergency service. Types of concerns that may be addressed at the clinic include:
• Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
• Shortness of breath
• Ear pain
• Sore throat
Appointments can be booked by phone by calling (902) 574-3275. Phone lines will open at 3:30 p.m. on clinic days taking place from 5 -8 p.m. Phone lines for the Sunday clinics will open at 9 a.m.
Upon arrival at the clinic, you will be asked the reason for your visit to ensure your concerns can be treated. Please have your health card ready.
Please note other options for care:
- Do not hesitate to visit an emergency department if you are experiencing an emergency. Anyone with urgent medical needs should call 911.
- Nova Scotians who are on the Need a Family Practice Registry may access VirtualCareNS, which provides free, temporary access to primary health care. Visit www.virtualcarens.ca to register or request a virtual visit. VirtualCareNS is not an emergency service.
- For general health advice and information call 811, which is a service offered 24/7 by experienced registered nurses.
- The provincial Mental Health and Addictions Crisis Line can also be reached 24/7 by calling 1-888-429-8167.
- Additional local resources are available at www.nshealth.ca/wheretogoforhealthcare.
We will keep communities updated as future dates and additional community locations are determined or if there are changes to the current schedule.
Additional information can be found at www.nshealth.ca/mobileprimarycare.