Pop-up rapid COVID-19 testing to take place in Sydney and Antigonish
Tuesday, January 26, 2021 - 09:22AM
SYDNEY AND ANTIGONISH, N.S. – Pop-up rapid COVID-19 testing will take place at StFX in Antigonish and two locations in Sydney this week.
- Wednesday, Jan. 27 - St. Theresa’s Hall, 285 St Peters Rd, Sydney from 1 to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 28 - Cape Breton University, Canada Games Complex from 1 to 6 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 29 - Amelia Saputo Centre, StFX, Antigonish from 1 to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 30 - Amelia Saputo Centre, StFX, Antigonish from noon to 6 p.m.
To be tested you must meet the following criteria:
- at least 16 years old
- do not have COVID-19 symptoms
- have not travelled
- have not visited a potential exposure location (http://www.nshealth.ca/covid-exposures)
- have not been in contact with someone who has tested positive
- are not currently in quarantine
No appointment is necessary. Please wear a mask and practice social distancing while on site.
If you HAVE symptoms of COVID-19, you must self-isolate immediately and visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en to complete a COVID-19 self-assessment.
Standard asymptomatic (PCR) testing is available on an ongoing basis across the province by completing a COVID-19 self-assessment at https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en
– 30 –
Provincial media line: 1-844-483-3344