Potential exposure to COVID-19 at Halifax stores
HALIFAX, N.S. -- Nova Scotia Health Public Health is advising of potential exposure to COVID-19 at:
- Sobeys (Mill Cove, 961 Bedford Hwy, Bedford) on Nov. 6 between 8 and 10 p.m.
- NSLC (Mill Cove, 955 Bedford Hwy, Bedford) on Nov. 6 between 8 and 9 p.m.
Anyone present at these locations during the times named is asked to monitor for symptoms of COVID-19. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named dates may develop symptoms up to, and including, Nov. 20.
Visit covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca to do a self-assessment if in the past 48 hours you have had or you are currently experiencing:
- fever or cough (new or worsening)
- two or more of the following symptoms (new or worsening):
- sore throat
- runny nose
- shortness of breath
You can also call 811 if you don’t have online access or if you have other symptoms that concern you.
- To self-isolate until you receive 811 advice on next steps.
- Do not go directly to a COVID-19 assessment centre without being directed to do so by 811.
Currently, anyone travelling to Nova Scotia from outside of the Atlantic Provinces is expected to self-isolate alone for 14 days after arriving. Effective Nov. 9, if a person travelling for non-essential reasons enters Nova Scotia from outside Atlantic Canada, then everyone in the home where they are self-isolating will have to self-isolate as well.
When Nova Scotia Health Public Health makes a public notification it is not in any way a reflection on the behaviour or activities of those named in the notification.
All Nova Scotians are advised to continue monitoring for COVID-19 symptoms and are urged to follow Public Health guidelines on how to access care. Up to date information about COVID-19 is available at novascotia.ca/coronavirus
– 30 –
Provincial media line: 1-844-483-3344