PSA: Antigonish COVID-19 testing options
In response to Public Health’s active investigation into an outbreak of COVID-19 cases associated with St. FX University and X Ring Celebrations, Public Health is offering a variety of ways for students and the broader community to get tested for COVID-19. Testing is free and available to anyone who:
- is experiencing symptoms
- has no symptoms (asymptomatic)
- has been to a potential exposure site, or
- is a close contact of a positive case of COVID-19.
Antigonish COVID-19 Testing Centre (Antigonish Market Square, 149 Church Street, Unit 686) will be open daily from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. – walk-ins welcome at this time. Starting Monday, Dec. 13, appointments will be required.
The Public Health Mobile Unit is in Antigonish to offer free PCR COVID-19 testing to all ages. The PCR swish and gargle test will be on site for ages 4 to 18. The Public Health Mobile Unit will be available for booked appointments and drop-ins at the following location:
St. FX University – Keating Centre (1100 Convocation Blvd, Antigonish)
- Saturday, Dec. 11 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 12 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 13 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 14 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Rapid antigen take-home tests will be available for pick-up (supply limited) at the Public Health Mobile Unit, and at various locations in the community in the coming days. In addition, families whose children attend public school may wish to use their test-to-protect take-home COVID-19 tests.
To book a COVID-19 test, please visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en or call 811.Drop-ins are based on capacity.
To see all of the upcoming Public Health Mobile Unit locations and the COVID-19 Testing Centres, visit: https://www.nshealth.ca/visit-covid-19-testing-site
Important notes when visiting the mobile unit:
- Unless you have symptoms, you do not need to self-isolate while you wait for your results, unless directly advised by Public Health to isolate.
- Please bring your ID and health card if you have one.
- The testing method is standard PCR nasal swab or Swish and Gargle for children and youth. Preparation is required for gargle testing. View instructions.
- When testing is offered outside or you are dropping in without an appointment, please dress accordingly.
In addition to media releases, all potential exposure notifications are listed here: http://www.nshealth.ca/covid-exposures.
– 30 –