PSA: Mobile Primary Care Clinic in Digby, Weymouth
Nova Scotia Health’s mobile primary care clinic has upcoming dates in Digby, Weymouth.
Digby General Hospital Consultant’s Clinic
75 Warwick Street
Tuesday, February 7 from 12:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Weymouth Medical Centre
4453 Evangeline Trail
Wednesday, February 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, February 9 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
This is a temporary service to provide an appropriate primary care setting for an increased number of people with mild or moderate health concerns currently being experienced.
These are not drop- in clinics. To schedule an appointment, please call 1-800-410-6672. Phone lines open at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, February 1 and will remain open until the appointments are filled. The number of appointments each day is limited.
Upon arrival, have your health card and a list of your medications ready. Care will be provided using a team approach, which includes nurse practitioners and family physicians.
This clinic is not a substitute for your primary care provider (doctor or nurse practitioner). However, there are times when you may not be able to see your primary care provider, or you do not have a primary care provider. Your patience is greatly appreciated as we aim to provide you the best possible care. The clinic can only address non-urgent, low-acuity health issues and is not an emergency service. See a list of types of concerns below if you are not sure where to go.
Types of concerns that may be addressed at the mobile primary care clinic include:
- Prescription refills or renewals (except for controlled substances)
- Minor respiratory symptoms
- Sore throat
- Minor gastrointestinal concerns (vomiting and diarrhea)
- Cough, flu, or cold symptoms
- Urinary tract infections
- Muscle pain
Lab or diagnostic imaging requisitions will not be part of the mobile service.
Please note other options for care:
- Do not hesitate to visit an emergency department if you are experiencing an emergency. Anyone with urgent medical needs should call 911.
- Nova Scotians who are on the Need a Family Practice Registry may access VirtualCareNS, which provides free, temporary access to primary health care. Visit virtualcarens.ca to register or request a virtual visit. VirtualCareNS is not an emergency service.
- For general health advice and information call 811, which is a service offered 24 hours a day, seven days a week by experienced registered nurses.
- The provincial Mental Health and Addictions Crisis Line can also be reached 24/7 by calling 1-888-429-8167.
- Additional local resources are available at www.nshealth.ca/wheretogoforhealthcare.
We will keep communities updated as future dates and additional community locations are determined or if there are changes to the current schedule.
Additional information can be found at https://www.www.nshealth.ca/mobileprimarycare.