Public Health Mobile Unit to provide additional COVID-19 testing in CBRM this week
Wednesday, June 9, 2021 - 11:57AM
Public Health’s mobile unit will be offering additional testing in CBRM this week as positive cases continue to be reported in the Eastern Zone. Testing people who show no symptoms of COVID-19 (asymptomatic testing) is one of the main tools that has helped limit COVID-19 spread in Nova Scotia.
In addition to yesterday's notice that the Public Health Mobile Unit would be in Glace Bay today, the mobile unit will be available for drop-in and pre-booked appointments at the following locations:
Whitney Pier Legion (836 Victoria Road, Sydney)
Thursday, June 10 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Holy Family Catholic Church (905 Main Street, Sydney Mines)
Friday, June 11 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Community members are encouraged to pre-book their testing appointments by completing the self-assessment online at https://www.nshealth.ca/coronavirustesting. If you don’t have access to the internet, call 811.
*Drop-in testing is based on capacity.
Important notes when visiting the mobile unit:
· Unless you have symptoms you do not need to self-isolate while you wait for your results, unless directly advised by Public Health to isolate.
· The testing method is standard PCR swab or Swish and Gargle for children and youth. Preparation is required for gargle testing. View instructions.
· Please bring your health card with you, if you have one.
· You may have to wait in line outside; please dress accordingly.
· Testing is free to everyone.
Public Health is encouraging all Nova Scotians to be tested regularly for COVID-19. If it has been over a week since your last test consider getting tested again. To book a COVID-19 test please visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en or call 811.
Up to date information about COVID-19 is available at novascotia.ca/coronavirus
In addition to media releases, all potential exposure notifications are listed here: http://www.nshealth.ca/covid-exposures