Public Health Mobile Unit providing drop-in PCR COVID-19 testing in Upper Tantallon on Oct. 4
The Public Health Mobile Unit will be in Upper Tantallon on Monday, Oct. 4, to offer free PCR COVID-19 testing to all ages. This includes the swish and gargle test for ages 4 to 18.
Testing is available to anyone who is experiencing symptoms, has no symptoms (asymptomatic), has been to a potential exposure site, or is a close contact of a positive case of COVID-19.
The Public Health Mobile Unit will be available for drop-in testing only at the following location:
• Tantallon Public Library (3646 Hammonds Plain Rd.)
Monday, Oct. 4 from 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
To see all the upcoming Public Health Mobile Unit locations visit: https://www.nshealth.ca/visit-covid-19-testing-site
Important notes when visiting the mobile unit:
• Unless you have symptoms, you do not need to self-isolate while you wait for your results, unless directly advised by Public Health to isolate.
• The testing method is standard PCR swab or Swish and Gargle for children and youth. Preparation is required for gargle testing. View instructions.
• Please bring your health card with you, if you have one.
• When testing is offered outside, please dress accordingly.
In addition to media releases, all potential exposure notifications are listed here: http://www.nshealth.ca/covid-exposures
– 30 –