Public Health Mobile Unit providing free PCR COVID-19 testing in Halifax on Wednesday, Dec. 1
The Public Health Mobile Unit is heading to Duc d’Anville Elementary School to offer free PCR COVID-19 testing to all ages. The PCR swish and gargle test will be on site for ages 4 to 18. Testing is open to all community members.
Testing is free and available to anyone who:
• is experiencing symptoms
• has no symptoms (asymptomatic)
• has been to a potential exposure site, or
• is a close contact of a positive case of COVID-19.
The Public Health Mobile Unit will be available for booked appointments and drop-ins at the following location:
Duc d’Anville Elementary School (12 Clayton Park Dr., Halifax)
Wednesday, Dec. 1, from 2:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
On-site interpretation will be available in Arabic, Somali, Farsi and Turkish.
To book a COVID-19 test, please visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en or call 811.
Drop-ins are based on availability.
Please bring your ID and health card if you have one.
To see all the upcoming Public Health Mobile Unit locations visit: https://www.nshealth.ca/visit-covid-19-testing-site
Important notes when visiting the mobile unit:
• Unless you have symptoms, you do not need to self-isolate while you wait for your results, unless directly advised by Public Health to isolate.
• The testing method is standard PCR swab or Swish and Gargle for children and youth. Preparation is required for gargle testing. View instructions.
• Please bring your health card with you, if you have one.
• When testing is offered outside, please dress accordingly.
In addition to media releases, all potential exposure notifications are listed here: http://www.nshealth.ca/covid-exposures