Public Health Mobile Units providing additional COVID-19 testing in all zones
COVID testing continues to be available to Nova Scotians experiencing symptoms. In an effort to ensure all Nova Scotians have access to COVID-19 testing as needed, especially those in rural communities where testing is not available nearby, the Public Health Mobile Units will be offering testing in the communities listed below. All upcoming Mobile Units can be found online at https://www.nshealth.ca/PHMU.
The Mobile Units conduct on-site PCR testing by appointment. Drop-in PCRs are offered based on capacity. Community members can also access take-home rapid test kits with or without an appointment, while supplies last. If you require a PCR or rapid test because you are experiencing symptoms, you are encouraged to book an appointment to ensure the type of test you need will be available.
To book an appointment, please complete the online assessment at https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en. Those who do not have access to the internet can book an appointment by calling 811.
The Public Health Mobile Unit has added the following locations for the coming week:
Eastern Shore Community Centre
67 Park Rd., Musquodoboit Harbour
Wednesday, September 21 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Black Point Community Centre
8579 St. Margaret’s Bay Rd., Black Point
Saturday, September 24 from 12 – 4 p.m.
Port Morien Legion
2832 NS-255, Port Morien
Wednesday, September 21 from 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Spanish River Community Centre
1842 Kings Rd., Sydney
Wednesday, September 21 from 2:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Millville Community Centre
270 Millville Hwy., Millville
Saturday, September 24 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
River John Legion
2506 River John Station Rd., River John
Thursday, September 22 from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
299 George St., Stewiacke
Friday, September 23 from 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Shubenacadie Fire Hall
22 NS-215, Shubenacadie
Friday, September 23 from 2:30 – 5:30 p.m.
1606 Lake Rd., Shelburne
Wednesday, September 21 from 11 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
The Mahone Bay Centre
45 School St., Mahone Bay
Thursday, September 22 from 1 – 4 p.m.
Annapolis Royal Fire Hall
5 Saint Anthony St., Annapolis Royal
Saturday, September 24 from 11:30 – 4 p.m.
Chester Legion 14
Union St., Chester
Friday, September 30 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Testing is free and available to all ages that meet eligibility requirements.
• Please bring your health card with you, if you have one.
• When picking up test kits for someone else, including children, the appointment must be in their name, and their physical health card must be presented pick-up.
• You may have to wait in line outside; please dress accordingly.
• Public Health Mobile Unit clinics are subject to weather conditions. Clinics may be cancelled due to weather.
• Although often located in community spaces, Public Health Mobile Unit clinics are healthcare environments, and therefore masks are required for the safety of staff and visitors. Masks will be provided upon entry to the clinic.
All Nova Scotians are advised to continue monitoring for COVID-19 symptoms and are urged to follow Public Health guidelines on how to access care. Up to date information about COVID-19 is available at novascotia.ca/coronavirus.