Public Health Mobile Units providing drop-in COVID-19 testing in Parrsboro and Windsor this weekend
The Public Health Mobile Units will be in Parrsboro and Windsor this weekend offering drop-in testing for COVID-19. Testing is free and available to all ages.
In an effort to keep COVID-19 under control in Nova Scotia, Public Health Mobile Units provide easier access to testing. Testing is one of the main tools that has helped limit the spread of COVID-19 in Nova Scotia.
The Public Health Mobile Units will be available for drop-in testing at the following locations:
- Parrsboro Lions Club (210 King St.)
Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 4-5 from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Hants Exhibition Arena (221 Wentworth Rd., Windsor)
Sunday, Sept. 5 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To see all the upcoming Public Health Mobile Unit locations visit: https://www.nshealth.ca/visit-covid-19-testing-site
While there are no COVID-19 vaccines available at these testing clinics, Public Health team members are available to support you with booking your next vaccine appointment and can answer any questions you may have.
Important notes when visiting the mobile unit:
- Unless you have symptoms you do not need to self-isolate while you wait for your results, unless directly advised by Public Health to isolate.
- The testing method is standard PCR swab or Swish and Gargle for children and youth. Preparation is required for gargle testing. View instructions.
- Please bring your health card with you, if you have one.
- When testing is offered outside, please dress accordingly.
Public Health is encouraging all Nova Scotians to be tested regularly for COVID-19 even if you are vaccinated. No vaccine is 100% effective.
Nova Scotians now have the option to access their results online at c19results.nshealth.ca. To be eligible to view results online, by email or by auto call, you need to bring a provincial health card or student ID with you to your testing appointment. It can take up to 72 hours to receive or access test results. It is not unusual for two or more family members to be tested at the same time and receive results at different times.
In addition to media releases, all potential exposure notifications are listed here: http://www.nshealth.ca/covid-exposures
– 30 –