Public Health Mobile Units providing free drop-in PCR COVID-19 testing Western, Central and Northern Zone
The Public Health Mobile Units will be in Middleton, Halifax and Amherst to offer free PCR COVID-19 testing to all ages.
Testing is free and available to anyone who:
• is experiencing symptoms
• has no symptoms (asymptomatic)
• has been to a potential exposure site, or
• is a close contact of a positive case of COVID-19.
The PCR swish and gargle test will be on site for ages 4 to 18.
The Public Health Mobile Units will be available for booked appointments and drop-ins at the following locations:
Royal Canadian Legion (205 Marshall St., Middleton)
Monday, Nov. 8 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
St. Andrew’s Community Centre (3380 Barnstead Ln., Halifax)
Tuesday, Nov. 9 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Amherst Fire Department (62 Albion St., Amherst)
Monday, Nov. 8 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 9 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 10 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
To book a COVID-19 test, please visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en or call 811.
Drop-ins are based on availability.
Please bring your ID and health card if you have one.
To see all the upcoming Public Health Mobile Unit locations visit: https://www.nshealth.ca/visit-covid-19-testing-site
Important notes when visiting the mobile unit:
• Unless you have symptoms, you do not need to self-isolate while you wait for your results, unless directly advised by Public Health to isolate.
• The testing method is standard PCR swab or Swish and Gargle for children and youth. Preparation is required for gargle testing. View instructions.
• Please bring your health card with you, if you have one.
• When testing is offered outside, please dress accordingly.
In addition to media releases, all potential exposure notifications are listed here: http://www.nshealth.ca/covid-exposures