Same Day Access Clinics in Barrington and Shelburne Friday, May 26
Residents of Shelburne County can call to book an appointment at Same Day Access Clinics being held in Barrington and Shelburne on Friday, May 26. The clinics will take place:
Barrington Same Day Access Clinic, Friday, May 26, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Location: Barrington Health Centre - 3695 Highway 3, Barrington Passage
Call for appointment: 902-637-1278 starting at 7:30 a.m. on clinic day. Please call back if unable to get through. Do not leave a message.
Shelburne Same Day Access Clinic, Friday, May 26, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Location: Shelburne Community Health Centre, 1608 Lake Road, Shelburne
Call for appointment: 902-875-2321 and press option 2 starting at 8:30 a.m. on clinic day.
Patients must call for a same-day appointment on the day of the clinic, May 26. As the number of appointments is limited, phonelines for the Same Day Access Clinic will be closed once all the appointments are filled.
Arrive for your appointment with your health care and current medications. The Same Day Access Clinic is for non-urgent health concerns and is not an emergency service. People who do not have a family physician or nurse practitioner can make an appointment for concerns such as:
- Prescription refills or renewals based on assessment (controlled substances will not be refilled)
- Minor respiratory symptoms (cough, cold, flu)
- Sore throat
- Minor gastrointestinal concerns (vomiting and diarrhea)
- Cough, flu, or cold symptoms
- Urinary tract infections
- Muscle pain
Other options for care include:
- Visit an emergency department if you are experiencing an emergency. Anyone with urgent medical needs should call 911.
- Nova Scotians who are on the Need a Family Practice Registry may access VirtualCareNS, which provides free, temporary access to primary health care. Visit virtualcarens.ca to register or request a virtual visit. VirtualCareNS is not an emergency service.
- For general health advice and information call 811, which is a service offered 24 hours a day, seven days a week by experienced registered nurses.
- The provincial Mental Health and Addictions Crisis Line can also be reached 24/7 by calling 1-888-429-8167.
Additional local resources are available at www.nshealth.ca/wheretogoforhealthcare.
Future Same Day Access Clinics will be announced as they are confirmed. Please check the Shelburne Family Practice Facebook page or call the Shelburne Community Health Centre at 902-875-2321.