The Hants Health and Wellness team is a health care team that promotes emotional and physical wellness and self-management of chronic conditions. We do this by helping individuals to gain knowledge, skills, and confidence to take charge of their own health. Our interdisciplinary team includes a Chronic Disease Management Dietitian and Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Internist, Emotional Wellness Counsellor/Navigator, and Physiotherapist, as well as, Administrative assistant, Team Lead, and a Health Service Manager to support day-to-day operations of the clinic. Our core services include:
- Health and wellness programs
- Wellness navigation
- Emotional wellness counselling
- Physical activity education/counselling
- Chronic disease management (Diabetes, Dysplidemia, Hypertension)
- Nutrition education
- Complex care
Location, hours and contact information
Hants Community Hospital – 2nd floor
89 Payzant Drive
Phone: (902) 792 -2052
Fax: (902) 792- 2253
How do I access this program?
Anyone can self-refer to our Health and Wellness programs. Wellness Navigation and Emotional Wellness Counselling services. To better serve you, a referral form is preferred for the Chronic Disease Management services but not required. For Complex Care, we ask that you have the support of your primary care provider (family physician or nurse practitioner) and that they complete a referral form.
- Call us at (902)792-2052
- Drop by our clinic on the second floor of the Hants Community Hospital
- Email us at HHWT@nshealth.ca
- Register online for our free health and wellness programs advertised in our HHWT program flyer. Check back for updates on upcoming programs.