- Confirm your MS diagnosis.
- Provide education about MS and your treatment options.
- Assist you in getting started on an MS treatment.
- Work with you to monitor your response to treatment
- Help you manage your MS symptoms
Location, hours and contact information
1341 Summer Street, Room 217
Tel: (902) 473-5734
Fax: (902) 425-1512
Office hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday excluding holidays
The Halifax MS Clinic is located on the 2nd floor of the Nova Scotia Rehabilitation and Arthritis Centre (NSRAC), at the corner of Summer St. and University Avenue. Paid parking is available at the University entrance to the NSRAC or on the street.
How do I access this service?
New patient consultations are on a referral basis only, meaning that a request to be seen would need to be sent by your family doctor or another primary care practitioner such as a nurse practitioner.
How do I prepare for an appointment?
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Bring your Provincial Health Card.
- Bring your medications or a complete list of your medications, including vitamins and herbal remedies.
What will happen at my appointment?
Will there be any follow-up after my appointment?
Forms and documents
- Dr. Paul O’Connor, Multiple Sclerosis: The Facts You Need to Know, Fifth Edition.
(A free.pdf version of the book is available here)
- How do I arrange to have my bloodwork done?
- How often will I have an MRI scan?
- Helpful Wellness Reminders
- Managing a Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Relapse
- What can I do to help with the management of my care?
- What do I do If I need MS care urgently?
- Understanding Progressive MS
- Understanding Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis
- Understanding Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis
- When should I call the MS clinic?
- When should I expect to get a call back after leaving a message?
- MS Society of Canada: https://mssociety.ca
- Managing MS for newly diagnosed patients: https://mssociety.ca/managing-ms/newly-diagnosed
- MSology (Canadian based online information service) https://msology.ca
- Nova Scotia Health free virtual health and wellness programs: www.healthyns.ca
- Provincial Mental Health and Addictions Crisis Line: 1-888-429-8167
- Provincial Mental Health Addictions Intake Line: 1-855-922-1122
- Mental Health Resources Nova Scotia Health: https://mha.nshealth.ca/en
- Nova Scotia Department of Health Mental Health Resources: https://novascotia.ca/mental-health-and-wellbeing/
- Canadian Mental Health Association: https://caringtogether-cmhans.ca/staying-healthy