Your Way to Wellness is a free chronic disease self management program that helps people with chronic conditions (and their caregivers) overcome daily challenges, take action and live a healthy life.
Groups meet weekly for two and half hours for 7 weeks and are led by trained volunteers, most of whom have chronic conditions themselves. Family and friends are welcome to attend as well. The program is delivered online, using Zoom for Health Care. Participants require access to a reliable internet connection, as well as a computer or tablet in order to participate.
Participants learn how to:
- Set goals and problem solve
- Improve communication with health care providers, family and friends
- Eat healthier and become more active
- Manage symptoms
- Make daily tasks easier
- Improve self-confidence
- Manage fear, anger and frustration
Please call 1888-672-3444 or email email@example.com for more information.
See the full list of online wellness programs being offered by Primary Health Care teams, and information on health and wellness here.
Volunteer with us
- Do you have a chronic condition or support someone who does?
- Are you interested in volunteering in your community?
- Do you want to learn how to self-manage your chronic condition and empower others to do the same?
Did you answer yes to these three questions? If so, apply to volunteer with Your Way to Wellness.
What is Your Way To Wellness?
Your Way to Wellness is a free chronic disease self management program that helps people with chronic conditions (and their caregivers) overcome daily challenges, take action, and live a healthy life. Groups meet weekly online (2.5 hours) for 7 weeks and are led by trained volunteers.
Your Way to Wellness volunteers should:
- Be comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- Have good literacy skills and be able to follow a scripted format.
- Have access to a reliable internet connection and a computer or tablet.
- Be comfortable using technology and leading a program online (supports are available for online troubleshooting).
- Commit and participate in virtual leader training of 2.5 hours, twice per week, over 7 weeks (at no cost to you).
- Co-lead a 7-week session within the first 12 months after training and every year afterwards.
- Have a willingness to learn. No clinical/medical background is required.
What's in it for me?
As a Your Way to Wellness volunteer you will:
- Gain valuable skills in learning, teaching, group facilitation and public speaking.
- Receive a small honorarium for facilitating each program.
- Gain experience to build your resume.
- Help empower people in your community to improve or maintain their health.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-672-3444
- Your Way to Wellness - First Voice (Video - 11:41)
- Your Way to Wellness - A Message to Healthcare Providers (Video 6:00)
Telephone number: 1-888-672-3444 during regular business hours.
How do I access the programs?
You can register online at healthyns.ca OR under the below tab “upcoming sessions”
Contact us at 1-888-672-3444 or email@example.com for information.
Forms and Documents