prideHealth works to improve access to health services which are safe, coordinated, comprehensive, and culturally appropriate for people who are two-spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual (members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community).
- Services within the Health System, such as STIBBI (sexually transmitted and blood borne infections) testing, and services related to gender transition
- Resources in the community such as peer supports, social groups, and advocacy
- Navigation through the health system
- Workshops and learning opportunities on 2SLGBTQIA+ health
- 2SLGBTQIA+ cultural competency training for health professionals and family practices
- General health and wellness information
- Sexual health information
- Referrals for addictions, mental health, and other health services
- Information and referrals for transgender and gender identity issues
Location, hours and contact information
How do I access this service?
prideHealth houses an interactive online tool to help people understand the various steps for accessing hormone therapy in Nova Scotia. This tool was developed in partnership with Gabriel Enxuga from The Youth Project and Halifax Sexual Health Centre.
Gender Affirming Surgery
prideHealth houses an interactive online tool to help people understand the various steps for accessing gender affirming surgery in Nova Scotia.
prideHealth houses an interactive online tool to help people understand the process of officially updating your government and identity documents to reflect your lived gender identity.