*Please visit our temporary closures page for up-to-date information about any unexpected closures and service interruptions at this facility.
Clinics and Services
View the list of NSHA programs and services.
Open visiting hours with a rest period between 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
*Learn more about NSHA's Family Presence Policy, which welcomes up to two people named by the patient to be their family or primary support person/people.
The parking lot entrances are located on University Ave. and South Park St. When you exit the parking lot, you can pay the parking fee by cash or credit card. The following fees apply:
- $3 per hour for the first two hours
- $2.50 for the third hour
- $2 for each additional hour
- There is a maximum daily rate for $14.50
Discounted rates are available for long-stay patients through parking services.
Free Shuttle Service
Patients and families who are mobile and need transportation between the Victoria General (VG) and Halifax Infirmary (HI) sites are welcome to take the QEII shuttle.
WiFi and Internet Access
Free public WiFi.
Semi-private and Private Rooms in Nova Scotia Hospitals
- Private room: Includes one bed and one washroom. You can find current rates here.
- Semi-private room: Includes two beds separated by curtains and one washroom. You can find current rates here.
Space in our private and semi-private rooms is limited. The sooner we have your insurance information the more likely we are to be able to accommodate your request.
When the booking clerk calls with your hospital admission date, let them know you are interested in a private or semi-private room.
When you are admitted, be sure to have your private insurance card with you and let the admitting clerk know you have requested a private or semi-private room.TV & Phone in your Room
You can find updated information about costs associated with semi-private and private Rooms in the hospital here.
TV and Phone in Your Room
Bedside TV service is available at no charge if you request, receive and pay for a private or semi-private room either personally or by using your private health insurance. If you do not have private health insurance, the following rates apply:
- Premium TV: $12.45 per day plus taxes
How to set up bedside TV service
- To activate your television, just dial 2999 from your bedside phone.
- A customer service representative is available every day between 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. to address any questions, receive cash payment and process your request.
During your stay in hospital, you also have the option of activating your bedside phone service.
How to connect, transfer or disconnect your telephone
- Dial 499 from your bedside phone and a BellAliant representative will arrange to have your phone service connected, transferred to another bed, or disconnected.
- BellAliant’s office is open from Monday to Saturday, 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., except holidays.
- If you have questions about the service, please call 1-800-760-8969 .
- When you are discharged remember to dial 499 to request that your phone be disconnected so that billing is stopped.
- If you forget to request your hospital phone disconnected before discharged to home, call 1-800-760-8969 Monday to Saturday between 8:15 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. to arrange disconnection.
Service & Connection Rates
- There is a $10 connection charge to set up in-hospital phone service.
- The following fees also apply:
- $2 per day for the first 15 days
- $1.25 per day for each additional day up to and including 30 days
- $0.75 for each day after 30 days
- Daily service and connection charges are billed to your BellAliant home phone account.
- If you are with another provider, BellAliant will create a separate account for the duration of your hospital stay.
- Your bill can be paid the same way you would pay any other BellAliant bill.
Please note: A portion of the revenues generated is returned to the hospital to help fund various hospital improvements.
During your stay at the hospital, you will receive breakfast, lunch and supper daily. You can choose from a variety of options each day. The menus typically include:
- Breakfast: An assortment of homemade muffins, hot and cold cereals, yogurt and fruit, coffee or tea.
- Lunch: Choose from soup and sandwiches, mixed vegetables, pasta and casseroles, including dessert of fresh fruit or a sweet.
- Supper: Options include meat, fish, potatoes and vegetables.
If you follow a special diet or have food-related allergies or sensitivities, let us know when you arrive.
The procedure for ordering meals will be further discussed on admission by dietetic technicians. If you need help filling out your menu, or feel you or your family member may be unable fill out the menus daily, please talk to the dietetic technicians.
Cafeteria and Vending Machines
The Scotia Room Restaurant and Tim Hortons are located in the Victoria building. You can get to the building through a tunnel.
New Leaf Café, main level
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Scotia Room Restaurant and Tim Hortons, Main level, Victoria building
Hours of operation: Daily: 6:30 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Shoppers Drug Mart, Because You Care Gift Shop and Friendly Corner are located in the Victoria building. You can get to the building through a tunnel.
Friendly Corner, Scotia Room Retail Hallway, Victoria Building
Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Because You Care Gift Shop, Scotia Room Retail Hallway
Monday to Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Shoppers Drug Mart, Scotia Room Retail Hallway
Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Spiritual Spaces and Quiet Rooms
Requests for spiritual care can be made by patients, family member and/or any member of the inter-disciplinary health care team.
Banking machines are located in the Victoria building which you can get to through a tunnel.
The Nova Scotia Rehabilitation and Arthritis Centre specializes in adult rehabilitation. It houses inpatient and outpatient care through a variety of clinics and services.
QEII Health Sciences Centre Redevelopment News and Updates
You can get information and updates about the redevelopment of the QEII Health Sciences Centre HERE.
Places to Stay Nearby
If you are from outside the Halifax area and need a place to stay, there are not-for-profit lodgings located near the QEII site that specialize in accommodations for patients and families.
Halifax Haven Guest Home
5897 Inglis St.
Point Pleasant Lodge
1121 South Park St.
The Lodge that Gives (The Cancer Lodge)
5826 South St.