Hip and Knee Action Plan
Nova Scotia Health Authority has a new multi-year hip and knee action plan underway. Our plan is helping even more Nova Scotians receive surgery and other supports they need to be well.
- Hip and Knee Action Plan Update - 2019 (.pdf)
- Hip and Knee Indicator Infographic (.pdf)
- New Wellness Model - Factsheet (.pdf)
- OAC Provincial Referral Fillable (.pdf)
- New registered nurse first assistant roles introduced in Cape Breton as part of multi-year action plan for hip and knee replacements
- Physician assistant role pilot aims to help improve access to hip and knee replacement surgeries
When Catherine Sears needed a new knee she was grateful to be supported by the Optimal Hip and Knee Clinic team in Membertou. Nova Scotia Health Authority’s hip and knee action plan is enhancing and expanding orthopedic assessment clinics like this one.