This service is available at the following locations:
- You can be admitted to the program through one of 3 pathways:
- If you are an ABI patient living in the community, you must be referred by a physician to the ABI Outpatient Clinic.
- If you are an ABI inpatient within the QEII, your treatment team sends a referral to the consult service.
- If you are an ABI inpatient in any other hospital within Nova Scotia, the team completes an application and sends it to the consult service.
- You must also meet the following admission criteria:
- Have sustained an Acquired Brain Injury
- Be 16 years of age or older
- Agree to inpatient admission
- Be medically stable
- Have functional challenges that require interdisciplinary tertiary rehab management
- Have the potential to make timely, reasonable, functional gains
- Have sufficient potential family /caregiver support in the identified discharge location to follow through with any required behavioral plan or environmental modifications.
- Meet the criteria outlined in the Nova Scotia Rehabilitation & Arthritis Centre Admission Guidelines and Consult Review. This is available under the Documents and Forms section.
Nova Scotia Rehabilitation and Arthritis Centre (NSRAC)
1341 Summer Street, Level 7
Halifax, Nova Scotia. B3H 4K4