Nova Scotia Health Online Contact Information
This EHS Feedback form is to be used by anyone wishing to discuss/inquire about the service provided by EHS and/or an EHS Contractor:
The Medical Services Insurance Programs are administered by Medavie Blue Cross on behalf of the Nova Scotia government. You can find information about renewing your card, changing you address, eligibility, out of province claims, lost or stolen cards and more at https://novascotia.ca/dhw/MSI.
Nova Scotia's Health Insurance Programs are designed to provide eligible residents with coverage for medically required hospital, medical, dental and optometric services with some restrictions. Visitors to Nova Scotia are not considered eligible residents and are not eligible for coverage.
The Department of Health and Wellness provides policy direction for the programs. The Hospital Insurance Program is administered directly by the Department of Health and Wellness. The cost of providing these services to Nova Scotians is met through the general revenues of the province. You pay no premiums.
Please carry your signed Nova Scotia Health Card with you at all times. You must present it to the physician and/or hospital each time you need insured hospital or physician services.
The Need a Family Practice Registry assists Nova Scotians who are looking for a primary care provider (family doctor or nurse practitioner).
Call 811 to speak to someone if:
- You prefer to register by phone rather than online
- You are new to Nova Scotia and do not have a Nova Scotia Health Card
811 Staff are available Monday through Friday, between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
The Nova Scotia Pharmacare Programs, which are Nova Scotia’s public drug plans, helps residents with the cost of prescribed drugs and devices which are indicated as benefits in the Nova Scotia Formulary, as well as with the cost for some services to which a level of coverage applies under a particular program.
Continuing Care supports people who need home care, community care services and long-term care. Call us toll-free for more information or to make a referral for you or your loved one.
1-800-225-7225 (toll-free within Nova Scotia)
If you are calling from outside Nova Scotia about someone who lives in the province, please call the appropriate number below. These intake offices operate every day of the week from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Annapolis and Kings Counties 902-487-0297
- Cape Breton County, Northern and Central Inverness County and Victoria County 902-487-0298
- Colchester County and Municipality of East Hants 902-487-0296
- Cumberland County 902-487-0296
- Guysborough, Antigonish and Richmond Counties and the southern portion of Inverness County 902-487-0298
- Halifax, Eastern Shore and West Hants 902-487-0607
- Pictou County 902-487-0296
- Lunenburg and Queens Counties 902-487-0297
- Digby, Shelburne and Yarmouth Counties 902-487-0297