This service is available at the following locations:
How do I access this service at this location?
Referrals are accepted from Nova Scotia Health clinicians for individuals residing within Nova Scotia Health Central Zone. The referral form can be completed and faxed to the Coordinator- ABI Ambulatory Care Teams at 902-425-6574. An intake assessment will be completed to determine whether ABI Outreach is appropriate.
To be eligible for services of the ABI Outreach team you must be:
- 18 years of age and older
- Diagnosed with an acquired brain injury (e.g. traumatic brain injury, stroke, brain tumor, meningitis /encephalitis, lack of oxygen to the brain)
- Have complex needs that require a comprehensive team approach
- Living within Nova Scotia Health Central Zone.
- Ready and willing to work with the team to reach the goals agreed upon
- Open to including family or support persons in reaching goals