These sessions are for anyone who has experienced a concussion within the past 6 months. If you sustained an injury more than 6 months ago you are still welcome. Family and loved ones are welcome to attend with you. They are for people who want to learn about what to expect following a concussion. There are 2 parts to these information sessions.
To attend the program you must be:
- 16 years of age and older
- Diagnosed with a concussion
How do I access the Concussion Education Sessions?
No referral is needed to register for the sessions.
There are 2 parts and you must sign up for each part separately.
You can pre-register online at: https://abi.nshealth.ca
Or call: 902-473-8610
How do I prepare for the session
After you register for the session, you will receive an email from an ABI practitioner with a Zoom link and information on how to connect via Zoom.
Will there be any follow up after the session?
Following each session, you will receive an email with a copy of the slides and resources that were reviewed during the session.
- ABI Day Program
- Stroke: The Early Stages
- Recovery After a Mild Stroke
- Concussion Recovery
- Alcohol and Drug Use After ABI
- Anger After ABI
- Attention After an ABI
- Fatigue After an ABI
- Initiation and Motivation After an ABI
- Memory After an ABI
- Perseveration After an ABI
- Physical Activity After an ABI
- Driver Evaluation Program
- Driver Evaluation Program Frequently Asked Questions