prideHealth works to improve access to safe, coordinated, comprehensive primary health care for people who are part of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
prideHealth provides the following services for the 2SLGBTQIA+ community:
- Referrals to aff irming mental health and addictions providers
- Information and referrals for gender-aff irming care
- Information about sexually transmitted and blood-borne infection (STBBI) testing and treatment services
- Information about community resources such as peer support, advocacy, and social groups
prideHealth provides the following education and resources to Nova Scotia Health and IWK staff :
- Workshops and learning opportunities on 2SLGBTQIA+ health equity and structural competence
- Information and referrals for gender-affirming care
- Mainpro+® accredited courses on pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), gender-aff irming hormones, gender-aff irming surgeries and aftercare, and STBBI testing and treatment (https://cbrc.teachable.com)
- Communities of practice on PrEP,gender-aff irming hormones, and transmental health
- The Pride Network for staff who are part of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community
prideHealth is a partnership between the NSHA and the IWK Health Centre.
prideHealth operates in Mi’kma’ki, the traditional and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq. We are all treaty people.
Location, hours and contact information
The prideHealth navigator provides navigation support for adults and youth via phone and at safe community location chosen by you.
How do I access this service?
prideHealth houses an interactive online tool to help people understand the various steps for accessing hormone therapy in Nova Scotia. This tool was developed in partnership with Gabriel Enxuga from The Youth Project and Halifax Sexual Health Centre.
Gender Affirming Surgery
prideHealth houses an interactive online tool to help people understand the various steps for accessing gender affirming surgery in Nova Scotia.
prideHealth houses an interactive online tool to help people understand the process of officially updating your government and identity documents to reflect your lived gender identity.