ROSE Clinic (Reproductive Options and Services)
Nova Scotia Health is committed to providing safe abortion care and other reproductive care services.
There is a provincial self referral line (1-833-352-0719) for information about accessing medical and surgical abortions at the QEII and other locations across the province. You can work with the referral line to learn more about accessing services closer to home.
Our experienced staff can provide accurate information and compassionate counselling to all.
Provincial self referral line: 1-833-352-0719
Hours: Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
(Callers may also leave a message at any time and staff will return the call during these hours.)
How do I access these clinics?
To get an appointment, call 1-833-352-0719 on Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. or use this self referral form.
*You can call this number for information about accessing medical and surgical abortions at the QEII and other locations across the province. Women can work with the referral line to learn more about accessing services closer to home.
How do I prepare for my appointment?
There are two types of abortions.
- Procedural - You must have someone who will accompany you home. If you do not have someone with you, your appointment will be rescheduled. Bring your health card.
NSHA Patient and Family Guide - Procedural Abortion (.pdf)
- Medical - You should have your health card and information about your drug insurance plan if applicable.
NSHA Patient and Family Guide - Medical Abortion (.pdf)
What happens after my surgery?
Please referecne our NSHA Patient and Family Guide - After Your Procedure (.pdf) for detailed information about what happens after your your surgical appointment.
Documents and Forms
- Medical Abortion (Patient & Family Guide) (.pdf)
- Surgical Abortion (Patient & Family Guide) (.pdf)
- After Your Procedure (Patient & Family Guide) (.pdf)