This service is available at the following locations:
Referrals are accepted from physicians and any other health care provider. The referral form can be completed and faxed to the Coordinator- ABI Ambulatory Care Teams at 902-425-6574. An intake assessment will be completed to determine whether ABI Day Program is appropriate.
To attend the program you must be:
- 18 years of age and older
- Diagnosed with an acquired brain injury (e.g. traumatic brain injury, concussion, stroke, brain tumor, meningitis / encephalitis, lack of oxygen to the brain)
- If diagnosis is a single concussion, you must be referred within 2 years of the date of injury
- Able to participate in a group setting
- Living within the province and have access to reliable transportation OR a device with reliable internet
- Able to manage selfcare and medications during program times or have a caregiver to help
- Medically stable and able to attend regular sessions
The Core Program runs for 12 -16 sessions, 2 times each week for 6 -8 weeks.
Each session is 1.5 hours – 2.25 hours.
ABI Series programs run for 8-16 sessions each, 1- 2 times each week for 6 weeks.
Each session is 90-120 minutes (1.5 - 2 hours).