Public Health Mobile Units
- Going to communities where there is an increase in positive cases and/or a number of potential exposure sites to add additional testing capacity in the area.
- Going to rural communities where there are currently no active cases or potential exposures to provide more access to testing with a focus on preventing the spread of COVID-19 in our communities.
Upcoming Mobile Unit testing dates and locations:
The Public Health Mobile Units will be available for drop-in and pre-booked appointments at the following locations:
Monday, April 19
- Mulgrave Fire Hall, 385 Murray Street, Mulgrave from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday, April 20
- Port Hawkesbury Civic Centre, 606 Reeves Street, Port Hawkesbury from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesday, April 21
- St. Peter’s Lions Club, 32 Lions Avenue, St. Peter’s from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Community members are encouraged to pre-book their testing appointments at the mobile unit by completing the self-assessment online at https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en. If you don’t have access to the internet, call 811.
*Drop-in testing is based on capacity. It is recommended that you pre-book your appointment online.
- Unless you have symptoms or have been advised otherwise, you do not need to self-isolate while you wait for your results.
- When a Mobile Unit visits a community they will typically offer both drop-in and pre-booked appointments.
- If you have or have had symptoms of COVID-19, you must pre-book an appointment at the Mobile Unit so they know when to expect you.
- Testing is available for all ages.
- The testing method is standard PCR swab or Swish and Gargle for children and youth up to age 18. Preparation is required for gargle testing (http://www.iwk.nshealth.ca/COVID-19/testing#gargle)
- Results are typically available within 72 hours.
- Please bring your health card with you, if you have one.
- You may have to wait in line outside; please dress accordingly.