This clinic is the major referral centre for male infertility problems in eastern Canada and we encourage both members of a couple to come to all visits at the clinic. Consistency of care helps to improve the flow of information to patients and makes for a pleasant environment.
Patients at the clinic come from all over the four Maritime provinces and have access to specialized treatments not available in their local communities.
- Bladder washing for sperm recovery in retrograde ejaculation
- Vibratory and electroejacultion
- Sperm aspiration and microsurgical reconstructive procedures
- Anti-sperm antibody testing
- Specific immunoperoxidase staining for white blood cells in semen
- Vivo sperm viability testing
Electron microscopy of sperm tails, computerized studies of sperm movement and sperm DNA fragmentation are performed in specific cases. Cryopreservation of sperm is available through our lab for those wishing to bank sperm. Donor sperm are readily available through a commercial vendor.