Contact Legacy of Life
About Legacy of Life
Legacy of Life is Nova Scotia's Organ and Tissue Donation Program and was founded in 2006. The program provides support for organ donation to critical care and emergency staff at all Nova Scotia Health Authority care facilities.
- Raise public awareness of the importance of organ and tissue donation; and
- Encourage people to provide a legacy of life by signing up to be a donor
By doing this, we know we can make a difference in the lives of thousands who are currently waiting for transplants.
The goals of the critical care organ donation program are to:
- Ensure all families are offered the option of organ and tissue donation
- Provide safe organs and tissues for transplant
- Promote organ and tissue donation to health care professionals and the general public.
Legacy of Life: Nova Scotia Organ and Tissue Donation Program
For information specifically about organ donation
Family Support Liaison
For information about tissue donation
Regional Tissue Bank