Hants Community Hospital serves the communities of Windsor, Hantsport, the Municipality of West Hants and portions of the Municipality of East Hants.
Patient Switchboard: 902-798-5751
Administrative Switchboard: 902-792-2000
Visitors are welcome throughout the day except during a rest period between 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
*Learn more about NSHA's Family Presence Policy, which welcomes up to two people named by the patient to be their family or primary support person/people.
Semi-private and Private Rooms in Nova Scotia Hospitals
- Private room: Includes one bed and one washroom. You can find current rates here.
- Semi-private room: Includes two beds separated by curtains and one washroom. You can find current rates here.
Space in our private and semi-private rooms is limited. The sooner we have your insurance information the more likely we are to be able to accommodate your request.
When the booking clerk calls with your hospital admission date, let them know you are interested in a private or semi-private room.
When you are admitted, be sure to have your private insurance card with you and let the admitting clerk know you have requested a private or semi-private room.TV & Phone in your Room
You can find updated information about costs associated with semi-private and private Rooms in the hospital here.
Fees and Bill Payments
You can find updated information about fees and bill payments for Canadians and out of country patients here.
TV and Phone in Your Room
During your stay in hospital, you have the option of activating your bedside phone service.
How to connect, transfer or disconnect your phone
- Dial 499 from your bedside telephone and a BellAliant representative will arrange to have your phone service connected, transferred to another bed, or disconnected.
- BellAliant’s office is open from Monday to Saturday between 8:15 a.m. and 4:45 p.m., except holidays.
- If you have questions about the service, please call 1-800-760-8969.
- When you are discharged remember to dial 499 to request that your phone be disconnected so that billing is stopped.
- If you forget to request your hospital phone disconnected before discharged to home, call 1-800-760-8969 Monday to Saturday between 8:15 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. to arrange disconnection.
Service & Connection Rates
- There is a $10 connection charge to set up in-hospital phone service.
- The following fees also apply:
- $3.99 per day for the first 30 days
- $2.00 for each day after 30 days
- Daily service and connection charges are billed to your BellAliant home phone account.
- If you are with another provider, BellAliant will create a separate account for the duration of your hospital stay.
- Your bill can be paid the same way you would pay any other BellAliant bill.
Bedside TV service is available at no charge if you request, receive and pay for a private or semi-private room either personally or by using your private health insurance. If you do not have private health insurance, the following rates apply:
- Premium TV: $12.45 per day plus taxes
Please note: A portion of the revenues generated is returned to the hospital to help fund various hospital improvements.
How to set up bedside TV service
- To activate your TV, dial 2999 from your bedside telephone.
- A customer service representative is available every day between 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. to address any questions or concerns, receive cash payment and process your request.
During your stay at the hospital, you will receive breakfast, lunch and supper daily. You can choose from a variety of options each day. The menus typically include:
- Breakfast: An assortment of homemade muffins, hot and cold cereals, yogurt and fruit, coffee or tea.
- Lunch: Choose from soup and sandwiches, mixed vegetables, pasta and casseroles, including dessert of fresh fruit or a sweet.
- Supper: Options include meat, fish, potatoes and vegetables.
If you follow a special diet or have food-related allergies or sensitivities, let us know when you arrive.
The procedure for ordering meals will be further discussed on admission by dietetic technicians. If you need help filling out your menu, or feel you or your family member may be unable fill out the menus daily, please talk to the dietetic technicians.
Cafeteria and Vending Machines
Cafeteria, main lobby.
Hours of operations:
Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Please note: The cafeteria is closed on holidays.
Gift Shop, main lobby
Hours of operation:
Monday to Friday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (pending volunteer availability)
The gift shop is staffed by the volunteers of the Hants Community Hospital Ladies Auxilliary.
Spiritual Spaces and Quiet Rooms
Requests for spiritual care can be made by patients, family member and/or any member of the inter-disciplinary health care team.
A bank machine is located in the main lobby.
Specimen Testing Dropoff Site
Blood Collection Location
Emergency Care Site
The emergency department is on the first floor of the hospital and is open 24 hours a day.
Please note the below change in hours for the Emergency Department entrance:
- The ED entrance will be used by ED patients (note: patients for other departments will continue to use the main front entrance).
- ED Doors open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. (7 days/week)
- ED Doors will be locked from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. with remote entry for patients using a buzzer to alert security.
If you need help immediately, call 911.
To access the mental health mobile crisis team call 902-429-8167 or toll-free at 1-888-429-8167. This is a 24 hour, 7 days a week phone service to help you or your loved one cope with mental health and addiction challenges in the moment.
Water Testing Dropoff Site
Samples must be collected using the water testing bottles provided by NS Health. E.Coli & Coliform testing is a white top 100 ML bottle / Chemical & Mineral testing is a black top 200 ML bottle
Covid testing Centres
Rapid test pick-up. (There is no PCR testing at this facility.)
By appointment only
Clinics, Programs and Services
Offered at 9 locations
Nova Scotia Health offers chronic pain self-management in-person and virtual services and at clinics in locations around the province.
Some of the pain management strategies discussed in our program may...
Offered at 22 locations
The following lists include some of the programs that are led by clinical dietitians. Please note that programs may vary by location. Please contact one of the locations listed below...
Offered at 40 locations
Physiotherapy is the health care profession dedicated to enhancing and restoring your mobility through a variety of hands-on treatments, education and exercise prescription.
Physiotherapists are university-educated experts who can help...