I need a COVID test for travel
Outbound traveller testing:
Nova Scotia Health provides free testing to manage the pandemic in Nova Scotia. We do not provide testing for those needing documentation of their results for outbound travel. If you need specific documentation for travel purposes you will need to contact a private company to arrange testing.
If you are an international visitor (or do not have a health card from a Canadian Province or Territory), we are not able to provide documentation of your test results. You are welcome and encouraged to get free COVID-19 testing while visiting our province outside of the federal testing requirements. However, your results will be provided to you over the telephone and not in writing.
Currently, there are five companies offering fee-based travel testing in Nova Scotia:
- Praxes Medical Group praxes.ca 902-800-8140
- Sydney Airport
- Amherst (opening November 25)
- RockDoc rockdocinc.ca 833-359-4669
- SRx Pharmacy. srxhealth.ca 902-490-8944
- Switch Health www.switchhealth.ca 647-977-1030
- HealthCertain Healthcertain.ca 902-943-9123
- Pharmacy COVID Testing | Pharmacy Association of Nova Scotia pans.ns.ca/pharmacyCOVIDtesting
You can find more information about travel and isolation requirements in Nova Scotia here.