Residencies and Internships
If you need information for medical residencies, please visit the Dalhousie Faculty of Medicine website
Annapolis Valley Pre-doctoral Residency in Psychology
NSHA - AV Pre-doctoral Residency is accredited (initial accreditation 2012-2013). A 5-year accreditation term was recently granted following a site visit Spring 2017 by the Canadian Psychological Association (Accreditation Office – Canadian Psychological Association; 141 Laurier Avenue West; Suite 702; Ottawa, ON; K1P 5J3). We use the APPIC’s computerized matching service and adhere to APPIC Match Policies. This Residency site agrees to abide by the APPIC policy that no person at this training facility will solicit, accept or use any ranking-related information from any Resident applicant. Completed applications should be received by 4:00 pm (Atlantic Time) on November 15th, 2020. Applicants are notified of interview status on December 4th, 2020 with follow-up contact to finalize interview dates and times beginning on December 7th, 2020. Interviews are scheduled to take place between January 3, 2021 and January 17, 2021. The application should include the following:
• completed APPIC application form (can be downloaded from http://www.appic.org/aapi). In your cover-letter, please clearly specify the track to which you are applying (i.e., adult or child track).
• curriculum vitae, describing all relevant professional experience
• official transcripts of all graduate work
• two letters of recommendation from those familiar with the applicant’s background in psychology and the completed letter from the Director of Clinical Training or the Head of the Psychology Department that is part of the APPIC application. Letters should be in the format required by APPIC.
• applications should be addressed to:
Dr. S. Jeffrey Bailey, R. Psych.
Director of Training for Psychology
Adult Mental Health Program
Mental Health and Addictions Services
Nova Scotia Health Authority
5 Chipman Drive
Kentville, NS B4N 3V7
• In line with the recommendations of APPIC and the Canadian Council of Professional Psychology Programs, all interviews will be conducted virtually.